Hi everybody, today we speak about some interesting new features on power bi desktop. This upgrade is very interesting. IN particular this month:
- Report theming preview: When you import a theme, all your charts will automatically update to use the theme colors, and you’ll have access to the theme colors from the color palette.You can upload a theme file using the Import Theme option under the Switch Theme button.A theme file is a JSON file that includes all the colors you want us to use in your report. Se my Next article where i explain how to use it.
- New matrix visual preview: new version of the matrix as a separate visual Once you turn on the preview by selecting New matrix visual under File > Options and settings > Options > Preview features, you will see the new matrix in the visualization pane. Benefits of this new matrix include:
- Performance improvements
- Drilling into hierarches
- Stepped layout
- Cross highlighting and filtering from matrix headers and cell contents
- Textbox font color: added the ability to change font color of your text in textboxes
- Numeric range slicer preview: adding a preview of a new type of slicer, the numeric range slicer. You can use this slicer type with any numeric column in your data model. You can choose to filter your data between two values, less than or equal to a value, or greater than or equal to a value
- Percent of total on pie and donut chart data labels: added percent of total as another data label option for pie and donut charts
- Cross-highlight using multiple series: you can now multi-select multiple series in a chart when cross-highlighting.
- Clustering is now generally available
- New Connector: Azure Analysis Services : adding a new connector to allow you to import data or connect live to your Analysis Services instances running on Azure.
- Azure Data Lake Store connector is now generally available
- DB2 connector: option to specify package collection . The DB2 connector dialog now exposes a new option to specify the package collection to connect to, within a given DB2 server.
- Combine binaries: ability to specify sample file to use. exposing a new control in the file preview dialog to select one of the files available in the selected folder. Default selection is the first file found, but this can now be easily customized by you.
- Split column by delimiter: automatic detection of delimiter character