It’s a new year and Microsoft has just started with a new update for power bi, in particular for the desktop version:
- Table header word wrap: Word wrapping splits on spaces and on long words with no hyphenation if they can’t fit on a single line alone.
- Table & matrix conditional formatting improvement – blank formatting: When you open the conditional formatting dialog, there is a new section, Format blank values, where you can pick the formatting method you want to use for your blank values.
- New aggregations for string and dateTime columns : For dateTime columns, you can change the aggregation to Earliest or Latest in the right click menu of the field in the chart. For strings, you can change the aggregation to First or Last in the same menu
- Phone reports is in general availability from now
- Visual Studio Team Services connector
- Enhanced SQL Server connector – support for SQL Failover option
Query Editing Improvements
- New transform: extract values from a nested list: allows you to extract values from a list into a new Text column, with a delimiter in between these values. This new transformation can be accessed from the column header when a column with nested lists is selected.