The September Power BI Desktop update is out now and packed with many new features and improvement. See what are the bests update of this month:
it’s possible read a column with a json data file into PowerBI dataset and have it automatically parse out the JSON data into additional columns? Yes it’s possible! how?
it’s simple with power bi and in particular with Power query:
The Q&A question box is where you type your question using natural language. Q&A recognizes the words you type and figures out where (which dataset) to find the answer. Q&A also helps you form your question with auto-completion, restatement, and other textual and visual aids.
Now we seen what we can do with it:
Microsoft has released a new update for power query that introduce announce eight new data transformation and connectivity features that have been requested by many customers.
These updates include the following new or improved data connectivity and transformation features:
- Enhanced SAP HANA connector—allow multi-select of values for variables and parameters.
- Enhanced OData connector—option to import Open Type columns from OData feeds.
- Enhanced Access DB connector—new Select Related Tables button to “” in the
- Navigator dialog.
- Option to generate Step Names in English within the Query Editor.
- Description for Query Steps within the Query Editor.
- Extract Week, Day or Month name from a Date/Time column from the Query Editor.
- Merge Dates and Times into a Date/Time column from the Query Editor.
- Extract Start/End of Hour from a Date/Time or Time column from the Query Editor.
for more i
Today I faced a problem with rendering pdf of a reporting services report. The problem was this:
Place a TextBox in the report footer with the expression:
It’s a problem with the timeout, using the TotalPages global variable will force everything to be processed before it starts rendering the first page.
N.B. This causes indomitable delays when trying to view a lengthy report.
Here we are to our usual appointment related to Power BI updates, this month we have:
- Power BI desktop Updates
- Power Bi publisher for Excel Updates
As usual a short resume of what are the updates of this month.
This Month we have two different update:
- Embedded Ga Pricing
I try to resume what are the news:
I suggest this two video where Guy in a Cube addresses some of the confusion around Azure Active Directory and how it differs from local Active Directory and looks at how the Power BI data region is selected, and how you can find out in what region your data is currently located.
I found online an interesting video where Josh caplan is presenting a demo of the newest features of Power BI Embedded.
He essentially creates a powerful data visualization with Power BI all the way to embedding it into your own application.