Microsoft Has realeased some new feature about Mobile App:
- Introducing QR codes for iOS
- Share notifications for Windows
- SQL Server 2016 Reporting Services improvements for iOS and Android
- Global search and the recent menu come to Android
- Additional improvements to all apps
Introducing QR codes for iOS
QR codes are now available for reports. To Generate a QR code :
- Sign in to the Power BI service and open the report you want to link.
- Click the ellipsis (…) for the action menu in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.
- select Generate QR.
Now you’re ready to display the generated QR code. To use a code, open the Power BI iPhone app and scan the QR code.
Stay up to date with share notifications for Windows
The new notification in the Power BI Mobile app for Windows can help by letting you know whenever a colleague shares a dashboard with you.
SQL Server 2016 Reporting Services improvements for iOS and Android
You can now use shared datasets with parameters. You can also view your mobile reports with custom themes that highlight critical metrics.
Global search and the recent menu come to Android
Introduce global search and the “recent” menu to our Android app.
Global search allows you to search for dashboards, reports, and groups by name. Simply start entering your search terms in the input field, and suggested results will instantly appear.
Search results are separated by type, and you can narrow your search by selecting a specific type on the search result ribbon.
Additional improvements to all apps
Addition of a multi-select option for report slicers, and new support for NTLM authentication Reporting Services in SQL Server 2016.