Microsoft has released a new update for power bi with these new features:
- Featured Dashboard: To make it easier to reach the dashboard you care about most, Microsoft added the ability to feature a dashboard in your workspace. Once you mark a dashboard as featured, you will always land on it first when you log into Power BI, instead of the last dashboard you visited. Also, you can reach your featured dashboard at any time by clicking on the Featured dashboard button in the left navigation pane.
- Filter Dashboard list:added the ability to filter the list of dashboard you have in your left navigation pane. To do this, select Show: All Content and choose if you want to see all your content, the content you created or the content shared with you
- Admin Portal: If you are an O365 Global Admin, you can access to this report from the Admin Portal. To open the admin portal, select Settings > Admin Portal. IN this sectionr there is a new dashbord of power bi usage. You will see two sections of tiles. The first section includes usage data for individual users, the second section shows the same type of information, but this time based on groups.
- Row level security: currently only fo Analysis Service tabular model we can direclty in power bi to filter data by attribute. We have to select Dataset and choose Security. Select after taht “Create new Role”, GIve Role Name, Add members and Add Rules. It’s work only with dax. It’s not intended for operational usage.
- Disable exporting data: Added a setting that will allow you to disable exporting of data
- Auto-Complete for “is”: Q&A suggest list of your column name follower by is.
- KPIs on apple watch: REfer to my Other Post HERE
- Analyze on Excel: Refer to my Other Post HERE
- Power Bi IN australia: Now, anyone in Australia, either individually or through an organization, can go to powerbi.microsoft.com and sign up for Power BI.
- Language Setting : we can change in setting the interface and parts of the visual Language.