In this post we introduce a new feature of Power BI, the Drill down function On PowerBI, we are going to learn how we can create a drill down report in Power BI.
We can start from every type of Dataset, the importat is that there must be a hierarchical relationship between attribute that we use to create the chart. we we have our dataset we:
- Click on “stacked column chart” visual in “Visualizations” section.
- Select the first attribute field and a value field to add it in value section of the visual and the attribute in axis section.
- To create a drill down report, we need to drop other fieldsjust below or above the first field in axis section. We should have the values and axis settings for the column chart like below:
We have created a drill down chart, to use it :
- Click on the drill down button in column chart located at the top right corner to enable the drilling functionality of the column chart visual. Now, click on any category vertical bar to drill down at sub category level, to drill down at product level, click on any sub category vertical bar.
- To drill up, click on the drill up button located at the top left corner of the column chart visual.
- Click on drill all to next level button to drill all vertical bars (categories) to next level. We can see the drill down, drill up and drill all to next level in below image: