Microsoft has just announced new feature updates to Power Pivot for Excel 2016 as part of your Office 365 subscription. In particular:
- Save relationship diagram view as picture
- Edit Relationship dialog creates faster and more accurate data relationships
- Fixes that improve user experience
Save relationship diagram view as picture
Excel 2016 users can now save the data model diagram view as a high resolution image file. To create the image file, in the Power Pivot add-in, click File and then selectSave View as Picture.
Edit Relationship dialog creates faster and more accurate data relationships
Excel 2016 Power Pivot users can now manually add or edit a table relationship while exploring a sample of the data:
Morover this visualization permit:
- Table and column selection using keyboard navigation and with typing their name.
- Auto column suggestion for same column name in both tables
Fixes that improve user experience
They introduce few fixes that improve modeling user experience, including:
- Power Pivot data model is no longer lost when working with hidden workbooks.
- Ability to upgrade an Excel 2010 workbook with a data model to Excel 2016 is now available.
- Ability to add a calculated column in Power Pivot, unless it contains a formula, is now available.
The download link:
KB3114374—Office 2016 Excel update from December 8, 2015
KB3114297—Office 2016 Power Pivot in Excel from December 8, 2015.